Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Amy Waller


Amy Waller– Artist Statement

 


Artist:  Amy Waller
Artwork:  Empty Ruins
Year:  2014
Medium:  Collage and Acrylic
Size:  Unknown
Provenience: Durban University of Technology;
                         City Campus, Kwa- Zulu Natal, SA


During a painting module we looked into a theme of cityscapes. As a group we took a walk through a part of Durban city. I took many photos for references as well as took notes on what I saw, heard, felt and smelt. All of these things influenced how I painted the city as it effected my mood towards my subject matter. Above is an artwork titled “Empty Ruins”, it is my own interpretation of Durban city. In the middle of the artwork is one of my photos I took in Durban, I then used a mixed media of acrylic and paper to expand it in my own interpretation. This artwork shows a bright city that looks far away. The foreground of the city is my interpretation of what it will look like in the future. Below is my photo reference:



Durban (Waller 2014)
References:
1.       Waller. A, 2014. Empty Ruins (painting). Durban University of Technology, City Campus
2.       Waller, A. 2014. Durban (photograph). Durban University of Technology, City Campus





No comments:

Post a Comment