Friday, August 8, 2014

Nokuphila Gwala







Artist: Nokuphila Gwala 
Title: Architectural structures 
Medium: Ink on paper 
Size: 26cm x 32,5cm
Year: 2014 
Provenance: Artists collection

Artist Statement 
My interest in architectural structure began at a very young age. Fusing my interest in architecture with Fine art was very exciting for me. Through my work in printmaking I was able to enjoy, understand and feel as though I was actually apart of the structure I was printing. I chose the interior of the of an Italian villa to work with because it shows off both the delicate side of the building with its smooth arches and long balustrades, yet roughness with all the sharp corners and dark lines. I have learnt that there is no limit with what one can do with printing through layering of colours  

No comments:

Post a Comment