Wednesday, October 14, 2020

I can't go through it by Mbongeni Vukani Mzimela

I can't go through it

Agoraphobia is the fear of places and situations that might cause anxiety, helplessness or embarrassment. In my work I am trying to articulate and bring about  that feeling of being anxious, the feeling of fearing the unknown, having self doubt and questioning security. I’m experimenting with photography, text, silhouettes and abstract in my work as a reflection of myself and my surroundings regarding how they effect my thoughts and the way I live because of that fear. 

I can't go though it is a picture taken through a key whole to represent how I tend to distance my self from people or places as a result of strange uncontrollable feelings and thoughts that can result to me not even trying to be involved in anything outside my comfort zone.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment