Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Wax Canddles by Fezeka Zeka

This is the back view of the experimenting I did for Drawing module


My work deals with the perception of  the Deaf community is viewed by hearing other. My focus is on the issue of how these others communicate their ideas of what they believe people with deaf/impaired hearing feel on a daily basis. There are stereotypes that suggest an absence of freedom, or the idea of one's tongue being tied up, Or perhaps that of a frog being stuck in one's throat that prevents them from speaking. I will be using metaphors primarily, As an expression of what some people think deaf people are, and of how I am caught between the so-called normal society (hearing) and the Deaf world. I do realize that I am  accepted in both worlds. shifting from one paradigm to another. alternating between ways of thinking within the deaf and non deaf  society. and my current focus has shifted to expressing my feelings about existing at the heart of it ( In-between these two worlds).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment