Sunday, November 1, 2020

Impaired Perception- (cartoonification/abstraction) by Damiyo

 

these are character breakdowns where I explore what makes a person look the way they do


 My concept is about my perception of reality. How I perceive the world around me as a visually impaired individual. I aimed to take focus in the exploration of the many different and interesting ways that my realities are distorted through my eye and to reinterpret them in a more artistic and visual manner that would allow others to experience the world through my perspective/perception that often gets somewhat confusing and unclear at times. looking down at what seems to be a 10cent coin. But only to realize it to actually be a drop of coffee once you get closer enough while attempting to collect it from the ground. Or of how almost each and every human figure at a distance seems to be a slightly varying replica of each other (look the same). However, there are some exception of forms I’ve familiarized myself with, figures of familiar angles and bends that I am able to recognize to a degree yet in most cases once I get closer it turns out not to be what I thought it to be. Which is the reason I decided to leave people’s identity ambiguous until I am close enough to confirm.

No comments:

Post a Comment