Friday, August 8, 2014

Lungelo Mokhele







Artist: Lungelo Mokhele
Title: Life and death
Date: 2013
Medium: black Indian ink on paper
Size: 28 cm x 38 cm
Provenance: Artist's collection



Artist statement:
My artwork takes a typical view of plants and man-made structures. I believe it is hard to make art without engaging with nature, particularly through life drawing. With this artwork I am exploring the relationship between organic and inorganic, life and death. This artwork was created at botanical gardens, with Indian ink. I really enjoy working with ink because it gave me a chance to explore tonal scale. Even though there was no sun light that day I could still see the day light casted on the objects, on the leaves and even on the ground, I found this very interesting and tried to portray this in my drawing. I love depicting nature, people, and artificial objects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment