Friday, August 8, 2014

Matthew van Wyk








I chose to do the video to show how life can change, so I used different filters to represent the change and how it can be viewed in different ways. I used the visual effects in the short clip I made to show it breaking apart.



Artist: Matthew van Wyk
Title:  Breaking away
Date: 2012
Size:  29.7cm x 42cm
Medium: acrylic on canvas
Place: artist collection


Artist Statement 
 
Whilst painting Breaking away, there was a lot running through my mind. This artwork became a reflection of my life at that time. It represented my life when my relationship with my father was falling apart. I was also not fitting in at home with my mother and her fiancé. I was struggling to hold on to thing that I loved. The red heart is a symbol of love while the disassembled figure represents my lonely self. The use of black represents emptiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment