Monday, August 11, 2014

Sisonke Ndabambi

My concept is about death and how people treat and react to death. This is to make people aware of how they go about the death situation with the bureals, ceremonies. This is also to make people aware of what they do to avoid death and live longer. My work is looking at how different tribes treat and react to death.
I use the clay to creat the impression of skeletal hand as a pattern around the bowl. It is two skeletal hands that look like they are holding the bowl in a circular motion. I have worked with clay, bowl, table knife, spoons and folks to actually shape this bowl. I have used a sponge to smoothen the inside and to shape it to look like it can carry fruits. It is still under construction at the moment but toward the end of this term it will be done.
I am currently working on sculpture and ceramics work, working on a researchto look at what inspires me. Since this my first time working with clay, I want to explore what more can I do and what new and undiscovered techniques I can do. So far, this has been an awesome experience and I am keen to doing more.


No comments:

Post a Comment