Friday, August 8, 2014

Thokozani Khumalo





Artist: Thokozani Khumalo
Title: Half man Half human
Size: 38 x 25.5 cm
Media: Paint
Year: 2014
Provenance: Artist’s Collection

Artist Statement

This artist statement is a representation of the work I recently did in painting which is called Half Human Half Animal. This is a portrait of me where I am half human and half ram. As an artist I worked hard to develop paintings that convey a message about me and in this case I have tried to represent myself in two different personalities. The first personality is of an ordinary human and the other is of my alter ego which is represented by the aggressive ram .The ram is the inner me which one can recognise the aggression of it within me. The brush strokes of the two personalities are different as the one of the ordinary human has a smoother texture and the one of my alter ego has expressive brush strokes to show the true anger and aggression of the ram.

No comments:

Post a Comment