Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sisonke L Ndabambi

Artist: Sisonke L Ndabambi
Title: Night Lights
Year: 2014
Medium: Colour Print
Size: 31 x 26 cm
Provenance: Artist’s Collection

Artist Statement

In Night Lights I concentrated on classical architecture. This is to show how beautiful old buildings are, and they should be appreciated because they carry so much history with them.
I have used three colours of ink, which I mixed to produce other colours to give an impression of Yale University, United States of America at night. I have used the colour purple and black for the building, yellow to show the lights through the windows and doors. I have used red for the floor, blue and black for the sky. I used the stippling technique to fade the blue to black, to give an impression of a dark sky.
I am currently working and exploring other concept at the moment, like cityscapes and self-portraits. It is my first time working with prints, paint, clay and other mediums, I am very impressed with the outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment