Monday, September 1, 2014

Delani Ndlovu
Rights for better housing
Woodcut print
61x61 cm
R 450.00

Delani Ndlovu
Rights for better housing
Woodcut print
61x61 cm
R 450.00
                                              Artist statement
I gave this piece a title ‘Right for better housing’ as my way of contributing in reminding our government not to ignore basic need of keeping the say ‘Human Rights’ alive and kicking. This came about when I looked at the informal settlements that seems to increase along every main roads and our government only notice when in need for votes.   
I’ve got a used Masonite board which I re-used to make this print, the same way most shacks/skwata-camps are built out of dead, over used and rusted materials. I used a large scale to attract attention from the distant viewer.

As an artist my aim for the future is to play my part in helping communities those in needs and with my art be courageous enough to use my freedom of speech to portray sensitive issues that need to be spoken about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment