Monday, September 1, 2014

Name of artist: Nangamso Zweni
Title: Inunu
Size: 61 × 43 cm
Medium: Engraving
Price: R 400 
Nangamso Zweni 21139031
Name of artist: Nangamso Zweni
Title: Inunu
Size: 61 × 43 cm
Medium: Engraving
Price: R 400
    Artist statement
Recently I went to hospital to do some check-ups because I had dizziness and pain in the chest. They did a few tests which all came back negative. The dizziness and the chest pain continued, so they suggested that I do a T.B. test which requires that I produce a sputum. I have not been producing any sputum for three weeks now and the doctor says he can not do anything further until I produce a sputum.
This means that if I have a disease in my body, there is no way they can help until I produce a sputum. And if I do not do so forever then I will be sick forever or even die.

My work seeks to break the silence about these ineffective norms in the health care field. My focuses on people’s right to health care.

No comments:

Post a Comment