Monday, September 1, 2014

Print making


Artist: Ndabenhle Arnold Mthiyane
Medium: etching
size:A3
NAME: Ndabenhle Arnold Mthiyane
Artist statement:
My concept is about communication from death and isolation that comes in between this communication process. I think that we all have an open door and in that open door there is death himself and who waits to call us into this door. I feel that once a person is about to receive this call for an example a old person is diagnosed with cancer and that old person will be isolated to the feeling of knowing he/she is about to die.
I was mostly inspired by my friend’s death, how cruel death can be, it does not have a certain time, no invitation it comes as it pleases and it awaits at its door to bring in another soul.

The creepers on the wall with no leaves which directly symbolizes death because once the creepers lose their leaves they are dry and dead which reinforces my concept of death waiting to call us. The door with a hint of a figure is death himself waiting anxiously to call us in.

1 comment: